People are thriving in vibrant, rural West Virginia communities by means of culturally and ecologically sound small-scale enterprise.
Center for Economic Options (CEO) is a non profit community development corporation that serves as a catalyst that helps people develop socially, economically, and environmentally sustainable enterprises that foster individual and community wealth.
- Develop systems that encourage people to engage in environmentally sustainable business.
- Advocate and facilitate policies and practices that support community sustainable development
- Identify, preserve, and build financial, social and natural capital in rural communities.
- Engage in special initiatives which facilitate sustainable business development.
- Remain an independent voice in discussions involving rural enterprise and community development, and environmentally sustainable business opportunities.
- Offer innovative and valuable program activities to address the mission, vision, and opportunities.
- Educate the public about the importance of sustainable enterprise and local economies.
- Incorporate triple-bottom line (equity, environment, and economic) results into communication and plans.
- Use collaboration and relationships to help reach objectives.
- Maintain a small, committed, core staff to keep the organization agile.
- Be a leader in the field through creativity, knowledge, and positioning.
- Develop a diverse funding base including earned income, appropriate corporate support, individual donors, and grants.